Obedience & Showhandling Class Rules
1. Please be prompt.
2. Have your dog under control and on a leash at all times when on the premises.
3. Only individuals training the dog may be on the training floor during class.
Keep dogs not enrolled in class at home.
4. Please wear shoes with rubber soles and without heels to ensure proper safety and footing in class.
5. Only one person is permitted to train the dog in class for the entire course. Family members are encouraged to
attend, watch, and participate at home. If the trainer is unable to attend, another person may come without the
dog for observation. .
6. Please do not bring a sick dog to class. Get in touch with your vet instead.
7. ALL DOGS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE CURRENT RABIES, DISTEMPER AND PARVOVIRUS SHOTS.
A record from your vet must be brought to the next class. Dogs will not be permitted in class without written record
8.You should have your dog's stool checked for parasites between now and the next class.
This is to ensure that no worms are passed between dogs.
9. YOU ARE EXPECTED AT CLASS EACH WEEK., EVEN IF YOUR DOG CANNOT MAKE IT. Just as much can be
learned by observing. Remember that these classes are for training you, not just the dog.
10. Please clean up after your dog. Bring plastic bags to keep the outside area clean There will be an exercise
area available with a poop scoop to pick up after your dog. We suggest that you feed your dog after class. Have
the dog eliminate before class to avoid accidents and upset stomachs due to excitement.
11. Everyone is required to have proper equipment. A nylon training collar can be properly fitted by the instructor.
You can choose to purchase what you need from us the day of the class. The price of the collar and leash
will be approximately $15.00 You will be required to have the following:
A. A training collar (nylon)
B. A 6 ft. leash
12. We reserve the right to refuse or excuse any student and dog to whom we feel would be a liability to
other students or their dogs. No extremely aggressive dogs.
13. There can be no refunds for people who drop out of class or who do not comply with our rules.
We will refund money if your dog is excused for aggressive behavior or other liability reasons.
14. Children that participate in class must be a minimum of 12 years old, and able to handle their
dog safely in class. Visiting children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, and must remain
quietly seated during class.
15 .In the case of severe weather, please call 570 992-6679 or check your e-mail if you are in doubt about the class being held.